Salobrena, Costa Tropical de Granada is a distinctive area of Andalucia in southern Spain and has numerous advantages over other coastal areas of Spain.
Below are some of the reasons why people keep returning.
- Climate - It is a little known fact that Salobrena enjoys mainland Europe's warmest & sunniest winters yet in summer it is usually cooler here than other parts of the south coast of Spain. For more details see our page on the Costa Tropical Climate
- Snow skiing - less than 60 minutes drive away in the Sierra Nevada.
- Tradition - In Salobrena and the surrounding area Spanish traditions are still alive and well including free tapas with alcoholic drinks in most bars!
- Value - Spanish prices are the norm here in the many excellent local restaurants and also in the shops as we foreigners are very much in the minority.
- Facilities - Some of the other benefits of living here might surprise you:- The modern local hospital in nearby Motril puts the UK health service to shame; almost all the properties we sell can be connected to the internet with an adsl broadband connection giving many people an interesting opportunity for a lifestyle change and where else do you know where your local English speaking bank manager will be delighted to see you whenever you pop in whether or not you have made an appointment.
- International school - Just ten minutes along the coast road is an English International school which has a bus that collects children from the residential areas we specialise in.
- Views - Here are some of the very best sea and mountain views to be found anywhere and at night the illuminated castle atop the rocky outcrop that is Salobrena pueblo is truly a picture postcard view from the hillside where we live.
- Investment - And last but by no means least Salobrena will soon be well and truly on the map at the junction of the North/South motorway through the middle of Spain via Madrid and the East/West motorway all the way along the South and East coasts from France to Portugal. Once the motorways are complete we will be less than 1 hours driving time from 3 International airports (Malaga, Almeria and Granada) with low cost flights currently available from Easyjet, Ryanair, Monarch, Thomsonfly and Flybe amongst others. It is fair to say that not a lot of people are yet aware of the attractions of Salobrena but with the major improvements in accessibility taking place this is set to change. Spanish investment properties - reasons to invest on the Costa Tropical